Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 03/22/2019 to 04/04/2019
Pay scale & grade
GS 11 – 12
$67,638 to $105,392 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
All U.S. Citizens
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorney’s Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/careers/careers.html
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
This position is also being announced to applicants eligible to apply through Merit Staffing procedures under 19-INN-10455216-MS.
Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for planning, implementing, and administering the full spectrum of budget and financial management operations for the Northern District of Indiana. Typical work assignments will include:
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial management program that involves both short and long-range programmatic plans and the annual budget.
- Preparing annual administrative budgets and budget estimates.
- Advising management on the planning and development of budget requirements.
- Ensuring obligations, expenditures, and unobligated orders and available balances are valid and supported.
- Manages the certifications of obligations for the district
- Serves as certifying officer for the payment of goods and services.
- Provides technical guidance, advice, and assistance to Administrative Officer and U.S. Attorney in the identification of future resource requirements, and in the planning and development of future budget requirements.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progress.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel may be required for training or other work-related purposes.
Job family (Series)
0560 Budget Analysis
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Background investigation, credit check, and drug test required
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
- This position has promotion potential to the GS-12 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management’s discretion and is not guaranteed; no promise of promotion is implied.
Specialized Experience: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 grade level. Specialized experience is defined as performing budget or financial management work which demonstrates an intensive knowledge of budget and finance policies, principles, and practices sufficient to manage the budget process. Examples of specialized experience include formulating and executing the budget; overseeing financial management operations; conducting audits, tracking funds, and developing statistical reports….Read More>>>