Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
The Cloud Capacity Analyst / Strategist role optimizes the private cloud and the underlying hardware infrastructure environment through ensuring capacity purchased is appropriately sized and handled over its useful life in accordance with business needs. You are able to provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components. This role requires a deep insight into usage of Infrastructure in the Data Center and the Cloud, along with robust experience with analytics and modeling tools.
Key role and responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for the Cloud capacity management and monitoring strategies, policies and plans that optimize the value and performance of assets through effective bench marking and / or process development practices.
- Tests strategies that lead to the long-term viability and profitability of the enterprise through improved capacity management process improvement practices.
- Participates in multi-functional initiatives with teams comprised of Engineers, Finance partners, Data Center and Business Units/ Clients to improve the efficiency of programs and processes end-to-end.
- Evaluates key capacity related issues and client business trends pertinent to the organization and makes recommendations assuring that issues are identified and led to mitigate any adverse effect on profitability, reliability, safety and customer/community relations.
- Models capacity forecasts using systems and business metrics.
- Performs problem determination using monitoring and data collection tools in capacity related disciplines.
- Analyzes performance data, identifying bottlenecks and recommending alternative resolutions.
- Producing ad hoc resource usage reports and analysis.
- This position requires very strong customer service skills, the ability to lead multiple and diverse Cloud-related capacity and demand management issues to resolution, with minimal supervision. A self-motivator, this position requires someone to be inventive in identifying issues and being able to call out appropriately.
- Able to build trust and credibility between finance, Cloud Operations, Engineering, and the management team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company and make presentations to senior management.
- Applicant will have 7+ years current experience in Capacity Planning and Performance modeling, forecasting, and tuning for Distributed Systems.
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts and platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of various Cloud service models, including laaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs in a Data Center and Cloud environment.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- MBA Preferred (finance or accounting emphasis)….Read More>>>