The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Detailed Description and Job Qualifications:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- System Engineer with extensive experience in
- Oracle RDBMS
- Oracle GI (CW and ASM) and RAC
- Oracle Exadata
- Experience in Database High availability (DG, GG) and it’s best practices
- Experience in Performance tuning of the above areas
- Very Good understanding of large scale distributed systems
- advanced Scripting/coding skills (Shell, Perl and Python) . Knowing C/C++ and Java is nice to have
- Experience in Building and managing Linux OS systems with good understanding how the Linux kernel works (IO, Network, etc.) and ability to read and understand source code
- Experience in Building and managing Virtualized systems (KVM, OVM, Containers/Docker) and ability to read and understand source code
- Very strong analytical skills to identify problems root cause
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Participate in the design and architecture of large scale Distributed DBaaS Service features
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Oracle DBaaS service.
- Participate in research and prototyping (proof of concept) different aspect of Oracle DBaaS service
- Define and develop monitoring infrastructure criteria (SLIs, SLOs) for Oracle DBaaS service
- Solve complex and difficult problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Participate in DBaaS service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties
“As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).”
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience….Read More>>>