Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
We’re looking for a creative design technologist who has experience in mobile (responsive and native) design, graphics, and web design/development to join our Digital Communications team. American is leading the industry in transforming how we connect with team members, and we want someone to join our team who can help us take our digital channels to the next level!.
In this role you’ll collaborate closely with other designers and developers to deliver engaging communication solutions that shape how team members connect with the company. You must have a passion for technology, a keen eye for design and enjoy crossing disciplines to deliver a more connected and elevated experience.
- Use innovative design styles that enhance the end user experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop innovative digital experiences that incorporate digital best practices, align with business and design goals, and engage employees
- Champion American’s internal visual design and brand standards and maintain consistency and ease of use across all internal platforms
- Provide strategic recommendations on new and interesting ways to drive engagement across the web, digital signage and email communications
- Help lead usability testing and research; translate findings into functional improvements
- Deploy content from various content management systems utilizing CSS/HTML skills
- Embrace challenges and always be looking for ways to improve the product
- Embrace the creative process through discovery; explore and create conceptual models, flows, sitemaps, and navigation schemes
- Look for ways to innovative using emerging technology to accomplish communication and engagement goals
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing engaging web-based interfaces
- Strong visual design skills including screen layouts, information design, motion graphics and typography
- Advanced experience working within the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with responsive/adaptive design techniques
- Experience working within native applications using Swift and Java
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and manage a web development project from initial design concepts to implementation
- Experience with user testing to inform design and development
- Experience with organizing large amounts of content to deliver user interfaces that are meaningful and easy to use/navigate
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, Agile based, iterative environment
- Experience working within the structure of Content Management System, such as WordPress, Wix, and Weebly
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates required skills and detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements……Read more>>