The Event Operations Specialist plays a key role in the success of Rapid7’s Event Marketing team. By providing in-depth financial, organizational, and administrative support, you will be the glue that ties it all together as Rapid7 plans and executes over 100 events per year – from small regional user groups; to major customer conferences and tradeshows; to internal holiday parties. You will report into the Event Manager, as well as work closely with Event Team as you build your career with one of the fastest growing companies out there.
Here’s what you’ll be up to…
- Event Coordination (30%)
- Independently coordinate 15-20 events annually.
- Work with sponsors to confirm event details, ship marketing collateral, work with sales & sales engineering teams to determine Rapid7 representatives.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on university & recruitment events
- Google Sheets Expertise/Budget Tracking (10%)
- The ideal candidate needs to be a Google Sheets expert, with experience tracking multiple detailed budgets. He/she can create pivot tables to accurately analyze event spend and activity. Partnership and management of the overall event marketing budget as well as corporate event budgets as necessary, with event manager.
- Vendor Payment and Contract Management (10%)
- Act as the main point of contact between Event Marketing, Legal and Finance through the negotiation of new vendor contracts and the creation of associated purchase orders, invoice processing, and expense reports
- Giveaway Inventory Management (15%)
- Track and reorder branded swag as needed, come up with ideas for new and innovative swag that supports our brand within budget. Manage vendor contacts as well as negotiate renewals and new vendor contracts.
- Inventory forecasting for ordering and restocking.
- Maintenance of Annual Event Calendar (10%)
- Keep Rapid7 Events website updated.
- Be trained by Web team to independently update the website
- Update calendar with new events as added.
- Rapid7 BEATS newsletter weekly updates.
- Keep Rapid7 Events website updated.
- Event ROI Analysis – (5%)
- Partner with Event Director to ensure event leads are in the correct format for capturing ROI for DemandGen and telling the success stories.
- Collecting correct data from events.
- Event Feedback & Additional Event Research (15%)
- Manage list of requested events from sales/CSM, independent research, incoming requests from third parties, and add to the following year wishlist (or determine if funding is available in the current year).
- Create, distribute and collate feedback on individual events. Summarize learnings that can be used to improve the quality and execution of future events.
- Research new events to consider sponsoring based on specified audience, messaging criteria, and budget constraints. Build out yearly calendar event calendar and wishlist.
- Major Corporate Event Support (5%)
- Rapid7’s corporate events require cross-company teamwork to be successful. As needed, the Event Operations Coordinator will help support these major activities in a variety of ways: booth book, ordering of giveaways, arranging shipments, work with IT to provision demo laptops and ship to event
Enough about us… Let’s talk about you!
- 2-3 years of experience in operations/analytical or event role
- BA/BS degree in business or related field
- Ability to travel quarterly (as needed) to events.
- Proficiency with Google (drive, sheets, docs, slides)
- Quick learner, curious and strong analytical skills
- Team player – willing to roll up your sleeves, and pick up the shovel
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in fast-paced, changing and dynamic environment
- Results oriented, attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple objectives and projects
- Ability to manage own workload, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within all areas including verbal and written are required…..Read More>>>