Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/03/2019 to 04/16/2019
Pay scale & grade
$88,704 to $115,313 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Jefferson, AR 1 vacancy
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Federal employees – Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees – Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) Federal employees – Competitive service Federal employees – Excepted service Individuals with disabilities Land & base management Military spouses Special authorities Veterans
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Office of Research, Division of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Scientific Computing Branch, Jefferson, AR. This position provides and reports all business information related matters to the Scientific Computing Branch Chief. Projects under the Scientific Computing Branch encompass all Offices and Divisions at the Center level.
Learn more about this agency
- Analyzes current and projected needs for enhancing reports generated from the system, to include directing activities with appropriate agency and contractor personnel.
- Provides advice and input on computerized regulatory information/ data pertaining to products regulated by the Office.
- Maintains overall integrity and accuracy of various components of regulatory research data and related research systems, which requires familiarity of information and data in the system.
- Plans and organizes NCTR’s Research Management, Business Information Management, and research support system that supports toxicological research regulated by the Office.
- Provides advice and coordinates and/or provides both periodic and special reports pertaining to toxicological research and other matters related to various regulatory review activities for submissions handled by the Office.
- Provides written analysis/evaluation reports of the data generated on toxicological research review and approval process.
Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
Conditions of Employment
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
- You must meet ALL requirements by the closing date of this announcement to be considered. Only education, experience, and qualifications attained by this date will be considered. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy, within the same geographical area, by other organizational elements from within FDA, through shared corporate recruiting activities…..Read More>>>