Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/29/2019 to 05/06/2019This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
Pay scale & grade
$51,440 to $66,868 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Morgantown, WVMorgantown, WV 1 vacancy
This job is open to
Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
This position is located in the Information Technology (IT) organization within the Laboratory Operations Center at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL).
The position is a career developmental position. The selectee will advises in the areas of enterprise applications in support of NETL research, program objectives and operations of the Laboratory.
Learn more about this agency
As a Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Under supervision, works with NETL Stakeholders and Business Owners to elicit, document and maintain business, functional and non-functional requirements; to provide content for business cases by advising on alternative solutions; to provide information on lifecycle cost estimates and finally to function as the IT Service Manager for designated solutions.
- Work with Supervisor and senior technical staff to analyze new and emerging technologies as part of the technical architecture by providing expertise related to application, data and information impact of new/emerging solutions.
- Implement Solution Development Lifecycle (SDLC) management practices to ensure quality consistent with DOE and NETL policy to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of application use across the Laboratory, supporting NETL’s mission relating to the business, data application, and technology layers of enterprise architecture standards.
- Perform as an IT Service Manager for enterprise applications, at appropriate complexity, to ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are fulfilled effectively and efficiently by optimized IT resources. Ensures incidents are addressed according to SLAs and proper problem resolution techniques are invoked when required.
- Conduct project closeout functions to make certain program and project objectives meet expectations in the areas of cost, performance, functional requirements and required standards. Ensures lessons learned are incorporated into future projects.
- Under supervision, serves as a Contracting Officers Technical Performance Monitor on designated contracts and provides technical and performance feedback and other requested assistance to the Supervisor, Division Director, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and Technical COR; Serve as a liaison between NETL IT contractors and NETL business stakeholders.
Occasional travel – Less than 10% overnight travel may be required
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
- Enterprise Data Manager
- Information Technology Project Managers
- Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)