Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 11/05/2018 to 04/30/2019
Pay scale & grade
$12.40 to $16.11 per hour
FEW vacancies in the following locations:
Ansbach, GermanyAnsbach, Germany
Baumholder, GermanyBaumholder, Germany
Garmisch, GermanyGarmisch, Germany
Grafenwohr, GermanyGrafenwohr, Germany
- Show more locations (9)
This job is open to
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Federal employees – Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Clarification from the agency
U.S. Citizens in local commuting area who are currently on Leave without pay; current DoDEA employees; U.S. citizen family members as defined by the DODI 1400.25, Vol. 1232; military spouse eligible; Career Transition Assistance Plan(CTAP), Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Reemployment priority list (RPL) and/ or 30% disabled veterans may apply. All Veteran Recruitment Appointment (VRA) as well.
Do you want to work for an exciting educational organization, with the children of our dedicated U.S. Military members? If so, then we are looking for you!
DoDEA consists of three regions, DoDEA Americas, DoDEA Europe, and DoDEA Pacific and a total of eight school districts located overseas and in the U.S. and its territories. DoDEA provides education to eligible DoD military and civilian dependents from pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical support to the school Librarian or other Information Specialist by performing a wide variety of direct library services to the students, teachers, and patrons, as well as indirect technical services in support of the library.
- Assists students and teachers in locating desired materials and gathers materials for specific classroom units of study upon request of a teacher and sets up special accounts.
- Instructs students and parent volunteers in the use of Information Center resources and use of the copy machine, laminator, lettering machine, binding machine, audio-visual (AV) equipment and other library equipment.
- Assists in procuring and/or copying DVDs, videos, compact disks and other AV media for circulation.
- Prepares material orders on proper DoDEA forms for submission to supply or the area Information Management Center (IMC).
- Assists in cataloging incoming materials and inputs into a school library automated program.
- Assists students and other users in the use of Information Center computers and peripheral equipment.
Job family (Series)
1411 Library Technician
- Library Technicians
- Technicians, Library