Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 03/31/2019 to 04/14/2019
Pay scale & grade
$12.40 to $12.40 per hour
1 vacancy in the following location:
Iwakuni, Japan 1 vacancy
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Open to Public
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively.
Learn more about this agency
Incumbent assists in a variety of technical and specialized clerical tasks, to support library work such as, acquiring, processing, distributing and disposing of library materials and maintaining patron registrar files. Serves at the circulation desk, registering new users, explaining circulation and library use policies, acting as cash collection agent for fee and payments of lost/damaged materials, reserving materials, and clear rotating personnel. Compiles daily and monthly statistics, and submit reports for monies collected.
Performs limited ‘ ready reference’ by answering factual questions involving the user of selected basic reference resources such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, on-line databases and the internet. Assists patrons in using on-line catalog, Microsoft Office Programs, on-line databases and the Internet. Processes interlibrary loan request.
Shelves returned and new material following the guidelines of the Dewey Decimal System. Shelves magazine and newspapers. Reads shelf and Reshelf where book belongs, rearranging shelves if necessary to prevent overcrowding. Compiles daily and monthly statistics, and submit reports for monies collected. Responsible for opening and closing routines of the facility.
Provides World Class Customer Service with an emphasis on courtesy. Assists customers and communicates positively in a friendly manner. Takes action to solve problems quickly. Alerts the higher-level supervisor, or proper point of contact for help when problems arise. Adheres to safety regulations and standards. Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
25% or less – Varies
Job family (Series)
1411 Library Technician
Conditions of Employment
See Duties and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old AND have graduated from high school or been awarded a certificate equivalent to graduating from high school. (Valid documentation will be required upon hire.)
- One year of customer service experience; library experience preferred.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to include weekends, holidays, and night time.
- Must be able to perform prolonged standing, walking, reaching, pushing loaded book truck, and frequent light to moderate lifting up to 40 lbs independently.
- Good organizational skills, knowledge and experience in clerical and administrative procedures such as managing files and records, compiling statistics.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Programs to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse customers…..Read More>>>