Reporting to the FVP of Loan Servicing, the Loan Reporting Analyst is responsible for the execution of portfolio management reporting that is key to Apple Bank’s commercial and consumer loan operations. The incumbent in this position monitors and extracts relevant loan information from our McCracken Strategy system, analyzes the data, and provides segmented reporting to critical stakeholders, including but not limited to the Board of Directors, Senior Management, Internal Audit, external regulators, as well as the Bank’s credit and commercial teams. The Analyst evaluates and documents business requirements for new or existing reporting and makes recommendations to improve loan reporting processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop quality reporting methods and documentation, utilizing data analyses, in order to support informed, value-driven decision making by key Bank stakeholders.
- Support various departments within Bank by developing reporting related to various aspects of lending and receivables; provide reporting and documentation to senior management, auditors and regulators as requested.
- Build relationships with clients (internal & external) to support departmental and Bank objectives.
- Utilize McCracken Strategy system, as well as Excel, to monitor, formulate and analyze monthly portfolio data and develop subsequent reporting.
- Prepare delinquency and non-accrual reports for the Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Problem solve gaps in reporting, in order to drive process improvements, improve data integrity and overall service performance.
- Assist FVP of Loan Servicing with data management of McCracken system, including testing, troubleshooting and implementation of system upgrades.
- Work with Origination departments (Commercial Real Estate & Export Credit teams) to ensure loan data is entered into McCracken system properly.
- Partner with end users to gather the necessary requirements to ensure informational and reporting needs are met.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and various analyses to Accounting and Loan Servicing teams.
- Audit system data to identify errors and eliminate inconsistencies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist co-workers with any reporting or system inquires.
- Maintain McCracken Strategy system parameters.
- Serve as back up McCracken system administrator.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration a plus).
- 5 years of related experience in a data analytics function preferably at a lending or other financial services institution; loan servicing experience preferred.
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present metrics that drive business decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Experience delivering timely, high quality reporting, and analyses.
- Ability to quickly identify and diagnose data outliers.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong Excel skills (formulas, V-lookups, pivot tables and charts) required.
- Knowledge of the McCracken Strategy Loan System or IBM query experience a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Exposure to data modeling concepts.
- Ability to prioritize work flow in a multi-tasking environment…….Read more>>