Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/03/2019 to 10/03/2019
Pay scale & grade
$27,030 to $44,130 per year
1 vacancy in the following locations:
Eglin AFB, FL
Eglin AFB, FL
Panama City, FL
Panama City, FL
Show more locations (1)
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
First consideration will be given to current, permanent VA Gulf Coast HCS employees. Also open to all current, permanent VA employees.
This is an open continuous announcements. Applicants will be qualified and referred on a weekly basis.
The purpose of the position is to serve as a Medical Support Assistant (MSA), also known as Enrollment Clerk, to the Medical Administration Service (MAS).
Learn more about this agency
The MSA is responsible for a wide range of assignments and provides administrative support to the section, and the clinical staff recovery aspects of this position have a direct impact on the reimbursement of the facility.
As a MSA in the Enrollment Unit, the MSA has the primary responsibility for interviewing patients applying for medical benefits. Applications may be received in person, by telephone, mail, on-line, or referral from another VA. The MSA is responsible for entering demographic, insurance, and income information into the VistA system. This information serves as a base for determining entitlement to medical care as well as bill preparation and collections on all billable episodes of inpatient and outpatient care. Accurate and complete data collection is essential to proper processing of third party collection requirements as madated by law.
Work Schedule: varies
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0679 Medical Support Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Have at least 6 months experience of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position; or (2) Have at least one year of education above high school; or (3) Have an equivalent combination of experience and education. NOTE: Transcripts are required if you are using education to qualify; and your resume must demonstrate any claimed experience.
References: VA HANDBOOK 5005/53 PART II APPENDIX G45
The full performance level of this vacancy is GS5. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS3 to GS5.
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, but may require some walking, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, and carrying objects such as papers, books, and files/binders. Work also requires spending time performing keyboarding duties….Read More>>>