Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/08/2019 to 04/23/2019
Pay scale & grade
GS 3 – 5
$27,218 to $44,445 per year
11 vacancies in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Vacancies occur for Nursing Assistants within Nursing Service at the Dayton VA Medical Center.
Learn more about this agency
The Nursing Assistant/Monitoring Technician (NA/MT) GS-3 functions as a Monitor Technician and Nursing Assistant.
The NA/MT will also provide continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients via virtual sitter monitoring equipment and is the first line of action to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors. The NA/MT summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance by a communication device (Vocera/phone). The NA/MT is knowledgeable and supportive of patient and organizational confidentiality and related hospital policies.
In addition, the NA/MT provides Veteran/resident care, performs clinical procedures, technical procedures and ancillary services for Veteran/resident care. Performs a variety of personal care or nursing care activities which do not require practical or registered nurse licensure and/or education. Performs a wide variety of duties aimed at increasing the comfort of the Veteran/resident.
If there are no patients assigned to monitoring, the NA/MT’s assignment may require them to perform Nursing Assistant duties.
Work Schedule: Day Shift (7:30am-4:00pm), Evening Shift (3:30pm-12:00am), Night Shift (11:30pm-8:00am), weekends and holidays required
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
0621 Nursing Assistant
Assistants, Psychiatric Technician
Psychiatric Technician Assistants
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education or Training. One year above high school with courses related to the Nursing Assistant occupation. Completion of an intensive, specialized, occupation-related course of study of less than one year as a nursing assistant may also meet in full the experience requirements for GS-3.
- English Language Proficiency. Nursing Assistants must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j.
Grade Determinations: In addition to the basic requirements for employment, the following criteria must be met when determining the grade of candidates…..Read More>>>>