Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/17/2019 to 05/02/2019
Pay scale & grade
$46,899 to $56,718 per year
Serves and protects Veterans, patients, employees, contractors, volunteers, affiliates, visitors, and others who frequent VA facilities. Performs a full range of police duties such as physical and personal security operations, patrol duties, control desk duty, coordination with local courts, and/or crime prevention activities for the local jurisdictions. Uses various special weapons and tactics at least 25% of the time for resolution of security and law enforcement-related issues.
Warning-If you are not viewing this vacancy on www.usajobs.gov you may not be seeing the entire announcement.
- Conducts short and long-term investigations.
- Identifies situations where criminal activity has occurred or is about to occur.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities.
- Utilizes Prevention and Management of Disruptive Behavior techniques.
- Assesses avenues of investigation in keeping with the rules of evidence and civil rights.
- Classifies crimes.
- Ensures compliance with and enforces a full range of Federal, state, territorial and/or commonwealth county and municipals laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Issues traffic violations.
- Conducts random anti-crime measures such as identification verification, bag and package checks, targeted patrolling, etc.
- Initiates investigative stops on suspicious and potentially dangerous persons.
- Makes arrests.
- Obtains arrest and search warrants.
- Seizes evidence.
- Determines level of medical aid required.
- Identifies persons requiring assistance or medical aid.
- Intervenes and neutralizes threat.
- Provides on scene support as an emergency team member.
- Responds to hostile or agitated individuals.
- Secures crime scenes and accident/disaster sites.
- Analyzes facts to identify suspects and develop case information.
- Assesses danger and threats taking proper recourse.
- Determines best course of action based upon circumstances.
- Determines the need for conducting searches to collect and secure evidence and contraband.
- Advises victims, witnesses and offenders on legal procedures.
- Provides accurate oral descriptions of persons, place, and events.
- Takes sworn statements from witnesses, subjects, and victims.
- Testifies in court.
- Uses designated police reporting systems and databases to access and input sensitive information.
Work Schedule: Rotating 12 hour shifts; includes nights, holidays, weekends, and occasional mandatory over time; subject to change
Compressed/Flexible: Rotating 12 hour shifts
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Police Officer /08667-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
- Court Security Officers
- Officers, Court Security
- Officers, Police
- Police Officers