Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal helps to provide. Are you ready to help us change the world? Software engineers at PayPal develop innovative solutions and high quality products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected payments across all business units, including PayPal, Braintree, Venmo, and Padient. We’re looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability. You’ll work on the newly created PayPal for Business mobile team, responsible for helping millions of PayPal merchants better connect with and run their businesses on the iOS platform. As a core team member, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed solutions powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments applications at a scale few companies can match.
Job Title: Senior Mobile Engineer
Product Team: PayPal for Business App, Enterprise Solutions
Location: San Jose, CA
The PayPal Merchant engineering team is focused on building amazing products for our customers who do business using PayPal. Our purpose is to help them understand, manage, and grow their business through features such as reporting, invoicing, dispute resolution, shipping management, sales insights, and working capital loans.
The PayPal for Business app has grown significantly since launching less than a year ago. Our 4.6-star App Store& Google Playratings are evidence that we are onto something great!
A Typical Day Will Include
- Writing clean, simple, and tested code to support new product features.
- Discussing implementation decisions, challenges, and tradeoffs with product and design.
- Refactoring code to clean up inefficiencies we may have created along the way.
- Representing the team in technical discussions with other PayPal engineering teams.
- Participating actively in PR reviews and standup with teammates.
Success in this Role Looks Like
- In 90 days: You will have a complete understanding of the product and codebase, including UI, internationalization, and app architecture. You will also be able to fix most bugs and will be capable of owning a feature. You will have made key relationships with lead engineers on other PayPal teams.
- In 180 days: You will be able to own a complex feature end to end. This includes investigating and integrating with existing PayPal services and/or adding features. You are driving architecture discussions and implementation.
- Forever: You will work diligently to advance our mobile app, delivering on time and with great quality. You will also help advance standards, SDKs, and best practices for all mobile teams at PayPal. You will continue to play a key role in improving our app architecture, refactoring, testing, CI, automation, instrumentation, and dev tooling.
- High energy, self-starter, accountable, proactive.
- Works well with the team providing and receiving help, solving problems together, and showing kindness and respect.
- User experience oriented and focused on the needs of our customers.
About Your Technical Experience
- Experienced with working on the iOS platform with a proven track record.
- Skilled Objective-C/Swift developer comfortable architecting new apps as well as working with existing code.
- Solved tough problems on mobile previously and “know the ropes” of that area. E.g., UI, local storage, threading, instrumentation, security, etc.
- Experienced with API design and integration. Cognizant of HTTP/REST principles, networking, performance, latency, caching, authentication, security, and encryption.
- 6+ years of full-time app development experience.
- Experience with Node.js a plus…..Read More>>>