Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help architect, develop, and test the PayPal iOS Consumer App. At PayPal, we work together on small, collaborative teams. We’re passionate about code quality and we’re constantly – some might say, obsessively ¬– finding new ways to perfect our processes and product.
We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers’ problems. And we meet with our customers every week to make sure we’re giving them the app they expect and the experiences they deserve. But it doesn’t stop there. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published in an update to the App Store at least once every 3 weeks.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Leads native iOS app development by converting ideas, designs, and requirements into concrete, stable production builds
• Designs and oversees solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements
• Influences and mentors peers – not just in the immediate team, but across PayPal
• Works with product, project, and engineering teams to deliver products on schedule that solve our customers’ problems
• Collaborates with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs
• Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team
Required Technical Skills
- 2 plus years of mobile development experience
- Knowledge of multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Experience with animation, and implementing user interface designs
- Knowledge of design patterns such as MVC and MVVM
- Skilled at writing Unit and Automation tests
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science
Desired Technical Skills
- Thorough understanding of XCode
- Expert understanding of Swift and Objective-C
- Solid understanding of Cocoa Frameworks
Required Soft Skills
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
- Interested in keeping up-to-date with the latest technological developments
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in the payments industry….Read More>>>